Tuesday, November 20, 2007

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?

What's going on here? I suddenly have the ability to appreciate and tackle things that I normally wouldn't touch with a ten feet pole. All because I no longer have this intense urge to look at myself - my face is all scarred up from a recent brawl with the DBA (Database Administrator) team and looking in the mirror makes me burst into tears.

I'm really confused.

Yesterday I had dinner with Donny and Fake JZ and discovered things about the both of them that I would have never noticed if I still had my pretty picture-perfect face.

I learned that Donny is a closet comedian. If you ask me, he really should just come out of the closet and let people know who he really is. I'd be the first one by his side. I'd support him 100%. I also learned that Fake JZ is really not as annoying as I thought she was. All along I thought she was this super smart workaholic ice queen. Well, she is a super smart workaholic, but definitely not an ice queen. She's really cheerful and funny. For the first time in my life, I can truly say I enjoy her company.

It gets weirder...

I'm actually doing things described in my job description. I'm no longer just the pretty face of software development. I can do real work too. I'm starting to find problems in our code and I'm taking the initiative to fix them. Just the other day I started to see quality issues with our code. I realized that it can be fixed by incorporating Spring Framework into our technology stack.

You see Spring Framework leverages Inversion of Control to enforce OO best practices such as coding to interfaces instead of concrete implementations, not overusing use inheritance, and keeping code simple and clean so it's "unit-test friendly".

Ah Brrro, I can't believe I just wrote that.

I bet people not in the software industry haven't the slightest idea what I just said. Well, I too would've started drooling if somebody said that to me before my face was mangled by Fake RL, but it now makes complete sense. In fact, I gave a presentation about Spring Framework to the entire software development team and it was received with applauses and standing ovations.

It gets even better, King Jorge was completely sold by the presentation and told me my top priority is incorporating Spring Framework into our current technology stack.

Ah Brrro, I'm starting to sound like my man-assistant, Hans. And another thing, I heard people say his name is not really Hans. Sounds fishy to me, but I'll eventually get to the bottom of it.

This is by far the strangest entry in my secret diaries. It's so out of character for me. If this ever becomes public, I swear to the reader that I'm not smoking anything as I'm writing this. No mind expanding drugs. No nothing. Cross my heart.

No comments: