Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Fake DM is back in town - Part One

Fake DM is back in town. Everyone is happy to see him. I'd like to join in on the happiness too, but it's really awkward for me because of the incident with his girlfriend's name. We haven't spoken since. Every time we pass each other I just shield my face from him and run pass him as quickly as possible. This is really embarrassing for me. I'm only writing this down because no one will ever read this. Thank god this is a secret diary.

I just got out of a meeting. I see that Donny and I are going to cross paths again. Oh god, I'm consumed by an awkward feeling again. I shield my face from him and make a run for it. I'm galloping across the office space at full speed because I can't deal with the embarrassment anymore, but my idiot man-assistant, Hans, gets in my way. BAM! We have a head-on collision. Hans and I are sprawled on the ground. I'm in pain. I get up and scream at him, "Hans! What's your problem?! Why don't you watch where you're going?! You could've really damaged my beautiful face!" Hans screams back, "Dude! My problem?! My problem?! Why are you running around the office with your face completely covered?! You've been doing that all day! You're NUTS! AND STOP CALLING ME HANS!" Hans is being rude again. I need to put him in his place, "Hans, once again your negativity is not helping the situation!" Hans is speechless. He's acting like I did something wrong here. God, he's so self-centered sometimes. I'm getting angry, but then I catch a glimpse of my own reflection on a distant window and my anger begins to subside. Wait, I see blood on my face. There's blood on the floor. I'm angry again. MY BEAUTIFUL FACE! HANS RUINED MY BEAUTIFUL FACE! I'm panicking. I instinctively reach for my compact. It falls to pieces, broken to bits from the collision. HANS BROKE MY COMPACT!

Out of nowhere a compact opens up in front of my face. I see myself in the mirror and I become calm. It's Donny's compact. He's holding it out for me so that I can look at myself. I look towards him. He looks back at me, "Brrro, I think you need this more than I do. Keep it. I have another one in my office." He gently lays the compact down on my hand. This is a huge sacrifice, he won't be able to look at himself until he gets back to his desk - that's almost one full minute. When a handsome man gives another handsome man his compact, that shows true brrrotherhood. He's extending an olive branch. I immediately burst into tears, "Ah Brrro, I'm sorry for calling your girlfriend, Kristine with a "K"." Donny replies, "Brrro, I'm sorry for telling you it's Kristine with a "K". I misspell things often." I reply, "I do too. Don't worry about that, as long as you are beautiful that's all that matters. And your are beautiful." Donny replies, "You're beautiful too." I reply, "I know I am, but what are you?". Donny replies, "Beautiful and don't forget yourself." I reply, "Right back at you." So this complementing each other goes on for the next hour.

I finally wipe the blood off my face and I see that my face is perfect again. There's no scars. It's not my blood. This is weird. I say to Donny, "Brrro, it's not my blood. I think it's Hans' blood." We both look around and realize Hans is gone.

(to be continued: Fake DM is back in town - Part Two)

No comments: